Demolition Permits
Central San will require you to cap or abandon your sewer if the roof is removed from the structure or the extent of your remodel makes the building uninhabitable during construction.


A Demolition/Sewer Capping Permit from Central San is required prior to obtaining a demolition permit from your local building department. A permit application must be submitted.  

Applicants will be asked to provide the following information at the time the permit is issued:

  • Type of structure being demolished
  • Address of structure
  • Owner information
  • Proposed new construction
  • Will the sewer lateral be used or abandoned?

Our Construction Inspector will verify that the lateral is properly capped. The lateral can be temporarily capped or permanently abandoned. If you choose to reuse your existing lateral, you will be required to televise that lateral before re-connecting. Central San requires capping so that debris will not get into our sewer lines.

Please contact us at (925) 229-7371 regarding any demolition/sewer capping permit questions.