Pollution Prevention Awards
Congratulations to the 2017 Pollution Prevention Award Winners
Central San conducts its Pollution Prevention Awards program each year in conjunction with National Pollution Prevention Week, the third week of September. Since initiating the program in 1992, Central San has recognized more than 100 local businesses for their exceptional efforts to minimize pollution. To nominate a business for a 2018 Pollution Prevention award, email CHenry@centralsan.org.
Four local businesses were presented with Pollution Prevention Awards by the Central Contra Costa Sanitary District in September 2017.
last year’s winners are:
- Buddha Gate Monastery in Lafayette
- Michael S. Tobian, DDS in Walnut Creek
- Mrs. Pastures Cookies for Horses in Concord
- The Conco Companies in Martinez
The awards went to businesses and organizations that have made outstanding efforts to prevent water pollution, including:
- Changing products or processes to use fewer toxic materials
- Using new technologies or procedures to keep contaminants from entering the sewer or storm drain system
- Educating employees or the public about ways to prevent pollution