Notice of Public Hearings on September 3 and 21, 2020
Concerning the Establishment of Director Divisions (California Elections Code §10010)
PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that Central Contra Costa Sanitary District (Central San) will hold public hearings concerning THE ESTABLISHMENT OF DIRECTOR DIVISIONS for the purposes of conducting elections on the following date(s):
Thursday, September 3, 2020 – 6:00 pm
Monday, September 21, 2020 – 6:00 pm
The September 3 and 21 meetings will be held in the Multi-Purpose Room (MPR) at Central San, 5019 Imhoff Place, Martinez, California.
The purpose of the September 3 and 21 public hearings is to receive public input regarding the COMPOSITION of potential Director Division boundaries.
Following the initial September 3 and 21 public hearings, draft maps of potential Director Division boundaries will be published on or before October 1 for consideration and public input.
All interested parties are invited to attend the public hearing(s) and express opinions or submit information.
Members of the public wishing to provide public comment for these public hearings may do so as follows:
1. Leave a voicemail before the meeting: Record comments by leaving a voicemail at (925) 229-7303. Voicemail comments must be received at least one hour prior to the meeting and will be read aloud during the meeting.
2. Send an email before or during the meeting: Please direct your email to Katie Young, Secretary of the District, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any comments will be read aloud at the meeting.
3. Join the Zoom meeting online: If you would like to join the Zoom meeting and provide verbal or written comments:
a. Please submit an online Speaker/Comment Card available at centralsan.org/elections before or during the meeting. Speaker cards help ensure an orderly process so that everyone has the opportunity to speak. You will be called upon to share your verbal comments during the meeting. Written comments will be read aloud.
b. Join the Zoom meeting online at: centralsan.org/meeting.
4. Observe the meeting online: All meetings will be livestreamed on our website at centralsan.org. Please note that the livestream does not offer the option to comment during the meeting. To comment during the meeting, please use one of the other options..
5. Attend the meeting in person: Meetings will be held in Central San’s Multi-Purpose Room (MPR) at 5019 Imhoff Place, Martinez. To help prevent the spread of COVID-19, we encourage everyone to participate virtually when possible. If you choose to attend a meeting in person, please note that face coverings and social distancing are required.
If you have any questions, residents are invited to call 925-229-7303 or send an email to email@example.com.
Information about Director Division elections, why the District is making this change, and the process of formulating Director Division boundaries is also available on the District website, centralsan.org/elections.
/s/ Katie Young
Secretary of the District, Central Contra Costa Sanitary District
County of Contra Costa, State of California