In November 2020, Central San transitioned from an at-large to an area-based election system which will be in effect for the 2022 election cycle. With the 2020 Census now complete, the District will review the boundaries and reshape the division map with the latest data as required and will hold a series of public hearings.
The purpose of the public hearing is to receive public input regarding the REDISTRICTING of Director Division map boundaries that were formed in the fall of 2020 that set a preliminary election boundary map and sequence. With the 2020 Census completed, the District will review the boundaries and reshape the map as required with the latest data.
Central San welcomes all interested parties to participate in the public hearing(s) and/or express their opinion on the boundary redistricting. The following meetings will be held in the Multi-Purpose Room at Central San, 5019 Imhoff Place in Martinez:
- Monday, October 2, 2021 at 6:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, October 12, 2021 at 6:30 p.m.
- Monday, October 25, 2021 at 6:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, October 26, 2021 at 6:30 p.m. (tentative)
How to Participate
Members of the public wishing to participate and/or provide public comment for the October 4 public hearing may do so as follows:
Leave a voicemail before the meeting: Record comments by leaving a voicemail at (925) 229-7303. Voicemail comments must be received at least one hour prior to the meeting and will be read aloud during the meeting.
- Send an email before or during the meeting: Please direct your email to Katie Young, Secretary of the District, at email@example.com. Any comments will be read aloud at the meeting.
- Attend the meeting in person: Meetings will be held in Central San’s Multi-Purpose Room at 5019 Imhoff Place, Martinez. If you choose to attend a meeting in person, please note that face coverings are required.
- Observe the meeting online: All meetings will be livestreamed on our website at centralsan.org. Please note that the livestream does not offer the option to comment during the meeting. To comment during the meeting, please use option 2 or 5.a.
- Join the meeting online: If you would like to join the meeting as a virtual participant to view and provide verbal or written comments, please contact the Secretary of the District at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please submit an online Speaker/Comment Card available at centralsan.org/elections before or during the meeting. Speaker cards help ensure an orderly process so that everyone has the opportunity to speak. You will be called upon to share your verbal comments during the meeting. Written comments will be read aloud.
We appreciate your being part of this process and we value your input. If you have any questions, residents are invited to call 925-229-7303 or send an email to email@example.com.
Central San has developed multiple draft maps. Each PDF file has two pages — the first is the map, the second is the demographic profile of the proposed election divisions.
Map adopted by Board resolution following the November 16, 2020, public hearing:
If you have questions or for more information, contact the Secretary of the District at firstname.lastname@example.org or (925) 229-7303.