Response to COVID-19
Information on modified operations to protect employees and the community
Central San has modified our operations in response to the COVID-19 pandemic and continues to monitor county, state, and federal guidelines. The health and safety of our employees, our customers, and our community remains our highest priority.
Central San’s service area is made up of five different divisions, each represented by a member of the Board of Directors.
Who We Are
Central San is a special district of the State of California. Special Districts are local public agencies formed by residents of a community to provide specific services.
Central San is a member of the California Special Districts Association (CSDA) and CSDA’s local chapter, the Contra Costa Special Districts Association. To learn more visit: www.csda.net or https://contracostasda.specialdistrict.org/
Awards and Achievements
Central San is the proud recipient of numerous state and national awards.
Most recently, Central San was awarded its 22nd Platinum Peak Performance Award, honoring our more than two decades of full permit compliance.
Board of Directors
Central San is governed by a five-member Board of Directors, each elected to a four-year term.
Under the guidance of a General Manager, Central San is managed by a team of highly skilled, dedicated professionals of diverse backgrounds.
Central San is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in our hiring practices and the workplace. Our employees are a diverse group of professionals who enjoy a fast-paced work environment, competitive salaries and benefits, and advancement opportunities.
Central San’s facilities ensure the District’s mission to protect the public health and the environment is met 24 hours a day, seven days a week, all year long.
Located in Walnut Creek at the junction of Highway 24 and Interstate 680, Collection System Operations’ role is to ensure that over 1,500 miles of underground sewers are able to collect and transport wastewater to the treatment plant safely and efficiently every day.
Public Notices and Public Review Documents
Public Notices are announcements of public hearings, invitations for sealed bids and proposals, and the passage of new ordinances amending the District Code. Public Review Documents are generally regulatory, environmental or other reports that require an opportunity for public review and comment.
Central San Plans & Reports
Here you will find current and past strategic plans, the Comprehensive Wastewater Master Plan, organizational and staffing plans, and a wastewater cost of service study report.
Central San operates under a fiscal year (FY) budget cycle beginning July 1 and ending June 30. Like many public agencies, Central San has two primary budgets: one for Operations & Maintenance (O&M), and another for Capital Improvements. The 2022-23 O&M Budget is $85 million. The planned 2022-23 Capital Improvement expenditures are $91.0 million.
- Fiscal Year 2020-21 Budget
- Fiscal Year 2019-20 Budget
- Fiscal Year 2018-19 Budget
- Fiscal Year 2017-18 Budget
- Fiscal Year 2016-17 Budget
- Fiscal Year 2015-2016 Capital Improvement Budget and 10-Year Plan
- Fiscal Year 2015-2016 Budgets (O&M, Self-Insurance, Debt Service Funds)
- Fiscal Year 2014-2015 Capital Improvement Budget and 10-Year Plan Executive Summary
- Fiscal Year 2014-2015 Capital Improvement Budget and 10-Year Plan
- Fiscal Year 2014-2015 Budgets (O&M, Debt Service, Self Insurance and Staffing Plan
- Fiscal Year 2013-2014 Capital Improvement Budget and 10-Year Plan Executive Summary
- Fiscal Year 2013-2014 Capital Improvement Budget and 10-Year Plan
- Fiscal Year 2013-2014 Budgets (O&M, Debt Service, Self Insurance and Staffing Plan)
- Fiscal Year 2012-2013 Capital Improvement Budget and 10-Year Plan Executive Summary
- Fiscal Year 2012-2013 Capital Improvement Budget and 10-Year Plan
- Fiscal Year 2012-2013 Budgets (O&M, Debt Service, Self Insurance and Staffing Plan)
- Fiscal Year 2011-2012 Budgets (O&M, Debt Service, Self Insurance and Staffing Plan)
- Fiscal Year 2010-2011 Budgets (O&M, Debt Service, Self-Insurance and Staffing Plan)
- Fiscal Year 2011-2012 Capital Improvement Budget and 10-Year Plan
- CAFR 2018
- CAFR 2017
- CAFR 2016
- CAFR 2015
- CAFR 2014
- CAFR 2013
- CAFR 2012
- CAFR 2011
- CAFR 2010
- CAFR 2009
- CAFR 2008
- CAFR 2007
- CAFR 2006
- CAFR 2005
- 2018 Series A, B Refunding Bonds Overview
- CAFR 2019
- CAFR 2020
- May 5, 2021
- February 3, 2021
- November 4, 2020
- August 13, 2020
- Fiscal Year 2020-2021 Listing of Reimbursements
- Fiscal Year 2021-2022 Budget
- AFCR 2021
- November 3, 2021
- August 4, 2021
- February 2, 2022
- Fiscal Year 2022-2023 Budget
- May 4, 2022
- Fiscal Year 2021-2022 Listing of Reimbursements
- November 2, 2022
- AFCR 2022
- August 3, 2022
- February 6, 2023
- Read more
Central San is headquartered in Martinez, CA. Please refer to the lists below for our contact information.
Central San District Offices and Treatment Plant
5019 Imhoff Place
Martinez, CA 94553
Household Hazardous Waste Collection Facility
4797 Imhoff Place
Martinez, CA 94553