Central San has modified our operations in response to the COVID-19 pandemic and to state and county shelter-in-place orders. The health and safety of our employees, our customers, and our community remains our highest priority.
No Impact to Sewer Service
There is no impact to your sewer service from COVID-19. As an essential service, Central San continues working 24/7 to provide wastewater collection and cleaning for our community. We’ve taken numerous steps to keep our front-line workers safe, and we remain committed to our mission of protecting public health and the environment.
Services Modified, Closed, or Suspended
We are doing our part to flatten the curve. For the protection of our employees and customers, all our public-facing services are modified, closed, or suspended until further notice. This includes:
- Household Hazardous Waste Collection Facility: Closed until Monday, January 4, 2021. Learn more.
- Recycled Water Fill Station: Closed until Monday, January 4, 2021. Learn more.
- Administration Building/Customer Lobby: Closed.
- Permit Counter: See more information on permit services.
- Environmental Services Inspections
- School programs, public events, and on-site tours: Be sure to check out our virtual treatment plant tour and distance-learning resources.
Help Protect Our Pipes
We get it—due to current circumstances, many of us are using more disinfectant wipes and toilet paper substitutes. As a reminder, all wipes (even those labeled “flushable”), napkins, paper towels, and tissues can cause clogs and overflows. Sewage backups are the last thing anyone wants to worry about right now! Help protect your home, our sewer system, and the environment by flushing only human waste and toilet paper. Please dispose of all other items in the trash.
As Always, We’re Here to Help
While in-person assistance is closed during this time, our employees are still working and ready to assist you via phone or email. If you have questions or concerns, or to report a sewer spill or other emergency, please contact us.