Packing and Transport
Please follow these guidelines when preparing to drop off HHW at the facility:
- Materials must be packaged in sturdy, non-leaking containers no larger than 5 gallons.
- Original containers are recommended.
- Small, leaking containers can be individually placed in ziploc bags. Larger containers should be placed in separate, covered, and non-leaking containers for transport.
- Containers can be placed into boxes lined with plastic garbage bags.
- Five gallon plastic buckets are available at most hardware stores and make good transporting containers.
Watch this video on how to prepare a box for transport to our HHW Collection Facility.
NOTE: State regulations limit the transportation of household hazardous waste to 15 gallons or 125 pounds per vehicle per visit. Individual containers are limited to a 5-gallon capacity. There are no limitations on the number of visits per day.