Household Hazardous Waste Collection Facility
Hazardous waste generated by residents and businesses can reach our waterways through runoff, sanitary sewers, storm drains, landfills, and can pollute our local water environment. The Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) Collection Facility helps prevent this pollution through reuse, recycling, and proper disposal of hazardous waste.
Residents may drop off household hazardous waste at no charge, with no appointment needed.
Small businesses must schedule an appointment and pay a small fee to dispose of their hazardous waste. Learn more and schedule an appointment.
Opening Days and Hours
Located at 4797 Imhoff Place in Martinez, our HHW Collection Facility is open with modified operations to protect the health and safety of our customers and employees. Please be aware of possible service delays as we are operating in a different manner to keep the health and safety of our employees, our customers, and our community as our highest priority.
When the air quality index exceeds healthy standards due to wildfire smoke, we may shut down operations to maintain employee and customer safety. This page will be updated to reflect these closures.
- Residents – no appointment needed
- Businesses by appointment only
Monday – Saturday, 7 a.m. – 2 p.m. (see Hours & Directions for holiday closures)
Recycled Water Fill Station
Monday – Saturday, 7 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Monday – Saturday, 7 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
Step-by-Step: How to Drop off Your Waste
- We can accept up to 15 gallons or 125 pounds of hazardous waste per visit, in containers no larger than five gallons.
- Before visiting the HHW facility, place your waste in the trunk or hatchback of your vehicle or the bed of your truck. HHW staff will not collect waste that is in the front or back seat.
- Face coverings and social distancing are required at all times while visiting the HHW facility, including while you are in your vehicle.
- HHW staff will retrieve the waste from your vehicle. Please remain in your vehicle unless staff ask you to exit the vehicle to open or close the trunk or tailgate.